UMAR - UNMANNED MULTIROTOR AERIAL RELAY
Large Tethered UAS for Vehicles, Boats and Ships
The Unmanned Multirotor Aerial Relay (UMAR) is a tethered drone that lifts payloads, such as communication antennas up to 500+ ft. with 400+ hr. endurance. Just by lifting up an antenna, the UMAR system can extend boat/ship radio line of site from 8 miles to 30 miles!
- Maritime Broadband Communication
- Emergency portable cell phone tower
- Port/stadium security
- Traffic monitoring
- Air quality monitoring
- Radio range extension of unmanned boats and ground vehicles
- Long endurance environmental assessments & surveys
- ALL power and comms delivered through tether. Tether provides 24/7 power & secure comms for long-endurance flight.
- UMAR performs automatic takeoff, flying, following, and landing on host platform (truck, trailer, boat, ship or other vessels).
- Can takeoff/land while moving - No special ship motion required.
- UMAR can be used as a mobile mast or stationary tower.
- Minimal operator control with simple push-button operation.
- Takeoff, change altitude, land commands.
- Data link cannot be jammed or hacked into.
- Physical: One small sea container. Crane on, tie down.
- Battery backup
- Hot, humid, salt spray, all-weather solution for maritime use
- Rain, light snow, fresh-water rinse
- Land on moving platforms: With advanced technologies, the UMAR can land on pitching, heaving, and rolling platforms at speeds in excess of 20 MPH.
- No helium required!
For more information, contact DPI