Medium Tethered UAS for Vehicles and Boats
The Tethered UAS (TUAS) is a tethered drone system that lifts payloads, such as cameras or radios/antennas up to 250 ft. with 400+ hr. endurance. Just by lifting up an antenna, the TUAS system can extend ground/boat radio line of site from 8 miles to 20+ miles!
Designed for harsh conditions, The TUAV supports boarder security, stationary operations, small tactical units, and it dismounts in all terrain. With an 8 lb payload capacity, the TUAS can lift multiple payloads including EO/IR cameras and a radio for data back-haul.
- Perimeter / border security
- Emergency portable cell phone tower
- Port/stadium security
- Traffic monitoring
- Air quality monitoring
- Radio range extension of unmanned boats and ground vehicles
- Long endurance environmental assessments & surveys
- Soldier/ convoy over-watch
- Increased battlefield communications and situational awareness
- Stabilized, vehicle-agnostic tethered UAV: Deploy from manned or unmanned platforms (boats/vehicles).
- Intelligently follows the host vehicle at speeds up to 25 mph
- Deploy/recover in under 2 minutes
- 24/7 Endurance: operate as long as needed for without landing to change batteries
- Automation: automated take-off, flight and following, and landing
- User interface: simple, easy, 1-screen interface for UAV control
- Installation: Vehicle agnostic; non-permanent installation
- Speed/altitude: 25+ kts (28+ mph), at up to 250 ft above ground level
- Secure Ethernet command/control through tether prevents jamming/hacking
Payload: 8 lbs (SIGINT, DF, EO/IR and Comm relay payloads)
Altitude: 250 ft.
Small Footprint: Three Pelican cases
- UAV Case: 26.50" x 26.50" x 25.25"
- Tether Management System (TMS): 31.30" x 20.40" x 15.50”
- Ground Power Unit (GPU): 36.5” x 22.5” x 19”
Power: 100-240 VAC, 4000W (Generator, inverter, etc)
Speed: 25+ MPH winds
Reduced operators: Payload operator flies UAV.
Simple GUI and minimal operator input: Enable, Takeoff, Land & Change Altitude.
Modular Payload Capabilities: HFI, EO/IR/LD/LR, DF, SIGINT, & jamming capabilities.
SIGINT: Provides 24 hr overwatch with DF capabilities
Fiber Ethernet: 1 gbps to UAV & MPU-5 radio creates local mesh network for 20+ mi
Multi-Vehicle: autonomous operations from self-contained system which tracks host platform: truck, boat, ship, etc.
For more information, contact DPI