Medium Ruggedized Tethered UAS for Vehicles and Boats
LANTERNTM Tethered UAS (TeUAS) is a UAS on an extension cord. LANTERNTM lifts payloads, such as cameras and radios/antennas up to 200 ft. with 400+ hours of endurance. Just by lifting up an antenna, LANTERNTM can extend ground/boat radio line of site from 8 miles to 20+ miles!
Designed for harsh conditions, LANTERNTM supports border security, stationary operations, small tactical units, and it dismounts in all terrain. With a 6 lb payload capacity, the UAS can lift multiple payloads including EO/IR cameras and a radio for data backhaul.
Use cases include extending the range of unmanned surface vessels (unmanned boats) and port/harbor security. In under two minutes, the system can deploy to altitude and provide elevated persistent surveillance at parades, festivals, events and marathons.
- Perimeter / border security
- Emergency portable cell phone tower
- Port/stadium security
- Traffic monitoring
- Air quality monitoring
- Radio range extension of unmanned boats and ground vehicles
- Long endurance environmental assessments & surveys
- Soldier/ convoy over-watch
- Increased battlefield communications and situational awareness
- Stabilized, vehicle-agnostic, rugged tethered UAV: Deploy from manned or unmanned platforms (boats/vehicles). Autonomous operations from self-contained system which tracks host platform: truck, boat, ship, etc.
- Intelligently follows the host vehicle at speeds up to 25 mph
- Deploy/recover in under 2 minutes
- 24/7 Endurance: operate as long as needed for without landing to change batteries
- Automation: automated take-off, flight and following, and landing
- User interface: simple, easy, 1-screen interface for UAV control
- Installation: Vehicle agnostic; non-permanent installation
- Speed/altitude: 25+ mph, at up to 200 ft above ground level
- Secure Ethernet command/control through tether prevents jamming/hacking
- Payload: 6 lbs EO/IR and Comm relay payloads
- Altitude: 200 ft.
- Small Footprint: One Enclosure
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 74" x 44" x 23”
- Ground Power Unit (GPU): 36.5” x 22.5” x 19”
- Power: VAC: 180-240 VAC, 4000W (Generator, inverter, etc) or 28 VDC
- Speed: 25+ MPH winds
- Reduced operators: Payload operator flies UAV.
- Simple GUI and minimal operator input: Enable, Takeoff, Land & Change Altitude.
For more information, contact DPI