“Following” Comm Relay for Boats and Vehicles
With a moving platform below, the six rotor motors are redundant in order to maximize reliability. By overlapping the upper and lower rotors, DPI UAV Systems takes advantage of an additive lift effect and can minimize the rotors’ size. This reduces both the visual and acoustic profile.
The UMAR is a small, intelligent, tethered UAV that flies up to 500 feet above its vehicle (boat, truck, etc.). Unlike other tethered UAVs, the UMAR is intelligent, autonomous and capable of maintaining airspeed.
Land on moving platforms: With advanced object recognition and obstacle avoidance technology, the UMAR can land on pitching, heaving, and rolling platforms, as well as traveling platforms.
- Unlimited endurance
- One-man operation
- Sea state 4
- No launch/recovery equipment required
- Stable hover in winds up to 40 kts
- Rapid, agile tethered flight
- Match USV maneuvers at 30 kts
- Autonomous flight minimizes tether drag
- Autonomous operation, including self-launch and self-recover from a moving platform
- Onboard computer for autonomous avionics and payload processing
- Secure, encrypted communications via comm line in the tether
- Small profile: Small acoustic and visual profile
For more information, contact DPI